As we prepare to launch our annual Criminal Offence Declaration process, I wish to bring to your attention that we have simplified the ICOD application with usability improvements to the sign-in process. Staff will now be able to access the ICOD application with their regular TCDSB user account and password. Once signed-in, employees will be brought directly to the “declaration” screen. As well, an auto-generated email will go out to each employee confirming receipt of the Offence Declaration. We anticipate these technical improvements to be more efficient and user-friendly for our employees.
Click for a summary of the ICOD application screen changes and the 2016/2017 Criminal Offence Declaration communication that we anticipate launching to all employees on Tuesday May 24, 2016 through Outlook and the Director’s Bulletin.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me directly.
Superintendent of Education
Human Resources & Labour Relations, TCDSB
416-222-8282 ext. 2304
For Further Clarification
As an Occasional Teacher you may continue to accept daily jobs or if you are on the LTO List you may apply for any Long Term Occasional Assignments posted as these positions are part of your CA. You may NOT apply for permanent positions as long as the TCDSB is pink listed.
Important Information for Occasional Teachers during TECT’s Work to Rule
1. DO ONLY the teaching and duties associated with your assignment.
2. DO NOT volunteer nor accept any extra duties or change of assignment.
3. If you are on a Long Term Assignment, then you must
complete the following..report cards, comments, OSR cards, French cards and other related paperwork.
4. If you are on a Long Term Assignment then you may continue to collect monies, distribute newsletters and other administrative duties associated with your assignment.
5. If you are on a Long Term Assignment, you must, if asked by the administration, administer CAT/EQAO[ if applicable ]BUT only to your students.
6. Please Note…Extra curricular activities, field trips, track and field events, graduations and the like will continue , as usual, for both TECT and TOTBU.
Watch this space for further updates
Follow us on twitter
Visit our Facebook Page
When in doubt call 416 636 5644, leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Send an email to [email protected] outlining your concerns.
UAGM – ELECTION NEWS
ELECTIONS CHAIRPERSON REPORT FOR UGM
UGM TORONTO OCCASIONAL TEACHERS’ LOCAL
– JUNE 1, 2016
AS OF APRIL 29, 2016 3:30 P.M.
TOTBU EXECUTIVE POSITIONS 2016-2018
ELECTIONS JUNE 1, 2016
– MEMBERS MUST PRESENT AT THE MEETING TO VOTE
POSITION 2016-2018 NAME
VICE-PRESIDENT JoAnne Maher
SECRETARY Eileen Smyth
COUNCILLOR (1 position available) TO BE ELECTED
Candidate: Milver Bravo
Local Unit Experience / Involvement:
- Chair – Beginning Teachers Committee
- TSU – Safety Committee
Provincial Experience / Involvement
- AGM Delegate – 2014-2016
- Leadership Foundation – 2016
- Beginning Teachers Conference 2015
Bachelors of Teachers Education ( Niagara U )
OT- 3 Years
Candidate: Stella Michaud
Local Unit Experience / Involvement
- Executive Member – TOTL
- Greivance Officer – TOTL
- Staff Rep – TECT (MTEU)
- North York Sub Unit – TECT (MTEU)
Provincial Experience / Involvement
- AGM Delegate
- Occasional Teachers Committee
BA ( Liverpool & York U)
Religious Ed. Specialist
Special Education Specialist
ESL – Part 1
On April 13, 2016, the Toronto Occasional Teachers voted to
accept the newly negotiated Collective Agreement 2014 – 2017.
More specific details to follow. Watch this website for updates.
UPDATE ON NEGOTIATIONS
A tentative agreement between the Toronto Catholic District School Board and the Toronto Occasional Teachers’ Bargaining Unit was reached on Friday, March 11, 2016. This agreement was then unanimously endorsed by the TOTL Executive on March 21st, 2016 to be presented to the membership for ratification.