Collective Agreement 2014-2017
Please note that the Collective Agreement between the TCDSB and TOTBU is NOW AVAILABLE online for downloading here or on the TCDSB website
If you worked at least 50 days during the year 2015 – 2016, you are eligible for Benefits as per our CA 2014 – 2017.
These benefits are 100 % paid by the TCDSB.
However, you must return the enrollment form by August 18th in order to be covered.
If you did not receive a form and feel that you should have received one then you must contact the Benefits Department @ 416 222 8282 to clarify your concerns.
Please note that the TCDSB will re open August 8th.
For Further Clarification
As an Occasional Teacher you may continue to accept daily jobs or if you are on the LTO List you may apply for any Long Term Occasional Assignments posted as these positions are part of your CA. You may NOT apply for permanent positions as long as the TCDSB is pink listed.
Important Information for Occasional Teachers during TECT’s Work to Rule
1. DO ONLY the teaching and duties associated with your assignment.
2. DO NOT volunteer nor accept any extra duties or change of assignment.
3. If you are on a Long Term Assignment, then you must
complete the following..report cards, comments, OSR cards, French cards and other related paperwork.
4. If you are on a Long Term Assignment then you may continue to collect monies, distribute newsletters and other administrative duties associated with your assignment.
5. If you are on a Long Term Assignment, you must, if asked by the administration, administer CAT/EQAO[ if applicable ]BUT only to your students.
6. Please Note…Extra curricular activities, field trips, track and field events, graduations and the like will continue , as usual, for both TECT and TOTBU.
Watch this space for further updates
Follow us on twitter
Visit our Facebook Page
When in doubt call 416 636 5644, leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Send an email to [email protected] outlining your concerns.
On April 13, 2016, the Toronto Occasional Teachers voted to
accept the newly negotiated Collective Agreement 2014 – 2017.
More specific details to follow. Watch this website for updates.
UPDATE ON NEGOTIATIONS
A tentative agreement between the Toronto Catholic District School Board and the Toronto Occasional Teachers’ Bargaining Unit was reached on Friday, March 11, 2016. This agreement was then unanimously endorsed by the TOTL Executive on March 21st, 2016 to be presented to the membership for ratification.